Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Houston...We Have Lift Off



I am officially 36 weeks today. I was excited because I had my big 36th week doctor's appointment today. Little did I know how much progress Michael Britton has made. She examined me and very calmly said "Well you are 3 cm, 70% effaced, and a -2." I sat up and said "What?!" I guess I should say I really rolled over, pulled myself up very slowly using Michael's arm and then freaked out and said "WHAT?!" I couldn't believe it. I wasn't even expecting to be 1 cm yet. I haven't felt any cramping or contractions yet. The only thing I've felt is more pressure on my bladder and I can feel him moving around more down lower and it's not real comfortable. I have been more tired too. So everything in my body says to get my butt in gear and finish his room and get everything put away and ready! I am basically freaking out. I need to just take a breath and relax and know regardless of my plan he has his own and will come when he's ready. I think that's going to be the hardest part of being a mom for me-letting go of some of my plans. That won't be easy but I know the joy of having him will make it well worth it. The doctor said she didn't know why I was so surprised at this news. She said that I am an overachiever so what did I expect. It's like I'm an open book I tell you. So I will keep you posted as to when our little guy arrives! AHHHHHHHH!

0 comments: