Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Reflecting

Being sick the last couple of days made me think of the severe morning sickness I had at the beginning of last school year. I remember how miserable I felt and now I wonder how in the world I managed to get up everyday and teach 5 year olds! It's amazing what you can do when you have to I guess.

With the start of this school year upon us I am so grateful I get to stay home and be with my little boy. I keep day dreaming about what he will be like on his first day of Kindergarten. I also wonder will I be the mom who cries while dropping off her "baby" on the first day of school. Will I be that mom that use to drive me bonkers as a teacher because I can't let my baby go? I don't think I'll be that extreme, but even now I tear up at the thought of him on his first day of school. Things look a little different from the other side.

MB is almost 5 months old and I can honestly say these have been a hard 5 months for me. I was on so many pain killers the first couple of months that I don't remember a lot of that time and it makes me sad. Things have definitely improved for me and I am really enjoying Michael. He is learning so many things each day and one glimpse of that smile of his just melts my heart. I look forward to what each new day brings for him.

Okay enough of the sappy stuff already!

0 comments: