Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Not too much longer before Little M.B. comes!

I have just been sitting here ordering the letters for Little M.B.'s bedroom to go above his crib daydreaming about what life is going to be like when he gets here. How will life change? In what ways will it stay the same? I am not really worried about being a good mom or not. I feel I have a pretty natural nurturing instinct, and anything I don't know (which I'm sure is a lot) I have a lot of moms around me I can ask. I am getting deliriously excited about his arrival, but I am also filled with nervous anticipation. I can't wait to meet him to see what he looks like, will act like, smell like, etc. I also can't wait to see how Michael is going to be with him. I know he is going to be a great daddy. He is really getting excited the closer it gets to our baby's arrival. He is actually making me nervous because he keeps telling me we only have 7 more weeks, 7 more weeks. It is a rare day when Michael can make me nervous instead of the other way around. So now we are in the last few weeks with a long list of things we need to do around the house and for me at school to get ready for maternity leave.

I am also finding that I am really wanting to enjoy the quiet more than usual. I also want to spend as much time with Michael before the baby comes and our attention will be focused on the baby. I rarely watch tv at nights or even have the desire to. I guess I am relishing the last few minutes of "peace" I am going to get for the rest of my life. lol

Just thought I'd share my thoughts while I actually had time to write them down. I will post another belly pic in about 3 more weeks. I can only imagine how much bigger I am going to be. I am so grateful for this gift God has given us. I do know just how blessed I am.

0 comments: